Episode Description: As Bluey and Bingo squabble over their magic xylophone (that has the power to freeze Dad in space and time) Dad seizes control and freezes Bluey, leaving Bingo as her only hope.
- Play your own version of “magic xylophone” (or magic bell, magic drum, magic radio, you get the idea) where the kiddos get to “freeze” mum/dad/each other and pose them, dress them up. (Just be clear up front over consent and what’s not allowed.)
- Don’t have a xylophone lying around? DIY one! Here are a few ways to make them (with varying levels of difficulty and authenticity):
No need to stop at xylophones – here’s a whole heap of DIY instrument ideas from simple rice shakers to classic rubber band guitars.
- Your kids may be surprised to learn that “Rondo Alla Turca” is a real song – hear it played in full here and then learn about Mozart here.
- The Dallas Symphony Orchestra have a brilliant kids website. You can listen to various composers, scales and instruments. You could turn it into a game where you play a different instrument from the site and the kids have to guess what it is.
- “Xylophone” is a pretty unique word – there’s not a lot that start with the letter “X”. Can your kids think of others? How about words that end in “X”? Younger kids could work on their writing skills with a letter X worksheet, colouring page, or by drawing X’s in the dirt or (because X marks the spot) or on the sidewalk with chalk.
- Seeing as the episode ends with a “daddy water fountain” it seems only fitting to bust out the hose at the end of the day.