Episode Description: Playing ‘Butterflies’ in the backyard is great fun, until Bluey runs away with Judo leaving Bingo all alone. Now poor Bingo’s heartbroken and Bluey needs to make amends.
- There are so many great ways to create beautiful, wearable butterfly wings:
- And there are even more butterfly arts and craft projects:
- On the more scientific end, learn more about how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, and watch the life cycle of a butterfly in this timelapse video. Then create a butterfly life cycle craft. Don’t forget to learn about the very important process of pollination that butterflies take part in.
- While you could easily spend the day on butterfly projects, the other reason I chose this episode is because Bluey, Bingo and Judo learn the importance of apologising to each other, which ties in to a day occurring this week: Sorry Day on 26 May.
- Tie both themes in together by learning about the Awabakal Women’s Butterfly Cave. If you have kids who can write, have them write a persuasive letter to the government urging them to protect the cave. (The campaign was launched in 2015 and this is the most recent update I could find on it from 2019 which sounds promising.)