Episode Description: During a game of bus, passenger Mum is too scared to tell Bus Driver Dad that she secretly loves him, until she gets some help from the Grannies.
- The Grannies are back! You can certainly go back and repeat any of the activities from that episode – I’m sure no one will mind. Or even some elements of Trains if you want to go the route of making a cardboard bus.
- If you’ve got any bus toys, your kids will love this messy process art painting. You can do it with toy cars, diggers, trucks, etc as well – it’s just slightly off-theme.
- We all know and love The Wheels on the Bus… but my favourite bus-related book is “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus“.
- Author and illustrator of the beloved pigeon books, Mo Willems has done a great series of drawing videos for kids with some behind the scenes looks at his studio and process.
- There’s also an app, aptly named Don’t Let The Pigeon Run This App. It’s $9.99 so I haven’t played but it has good reviews.
- Or, for free, someone’s already put together a great lesson plan of Pigeon/Bus related activities.
- Next stop: Mahjong! Teach your kids how to play the classic tile game originating in China, but beloved by Grannies around the world. Try this free kids online Mahjong game that’s candy-themed.
- Still need some more bus-based entertainment? There’s always the good old Magic School Bus series. You can download some worksheets to go with it.