Episode Description: When it’s Bingo’s turn to bring her Kindy’s Bob Bilby puppet home and record their weekend in the scrapbook, the family resolve to put down their screens and show him a good time.
- We’ve covered hand/sock puppets already in Shaun so here are a few other easy ideas for making your own puppet friend:
- Finger Friends made from styrofoam balls
- Super easy clothes peg puppets
- These monster puppets are hand-knit but you could easily modify a pair of woollen gloves.
- And of course there’s the official licensed Bob Bilby puppet you can make!
- Alternatively make a cardboard theatre for your puppets to perform in.
- Take photos of your adventures with your puppet friend. Depending on their age you could let your child simply fiddle around with an old camera or take the opportunity to teach some principles of photography.
- This is also a great opportunity to put together a photo album that perhaps you’ve been putting off. Have your kids select some of their favourite photos. It might sound weird but you could even make a “quarantine album” documenting your time in lockdown. It’s something they may very well enjoy looking back on one day. Here are some ideas for DIY photo albums.
- You better believe I’m going to jump at the chance to learn about a native animal – and bilbies are one of my faves. Watch a video to learn more:
- Don’t forget to put down those screens. Take a cue from Chilli and head out for a bike ride!